Responsible tourism in Ecuador at Piedra Blanca:
Piedra Blanca Eco-tourism in Ecuador: Responsible Tourism Guidelines
Responsible Tourism Guidelines
Our environment is fragile, to help us maintain it please be responsible:
- Refrain from taking anything from the forest, flora or fauna.
- Respect the local environment – do not damage it.
- Do not litter in Piedra Blanca.
- You can only visit the forest with one of our qualified guides.
- The maximum tour group size is 30 people. We do not desire large groups of tourists; it is not sustainable for the environment. If a tour group of more than 30 people arrives, each tourist is obliged to pay an entrance fee of $5.
Further responsible tourism guidelines:
- Take only photos, leave only footprints.
- Stick to the designated paths. Do not stray from these.
- Do not intentionally disturb the local wildlife.
- If camping for longer than two days, slightly adjust your tent position to prevent damage to vegetation.
- Be culturally and socially sensitive.
- Ask before taking photos of local people.
- Do not give sweets to children – it encourages begging.
- Buy local products - support the local economy.
Piedra Blanca Community Eco-tourism Project in Ecuador
Ecotourism definition - Environmental Assessment