Corporacion Red Arborizadora Campo Y Progresso
CRACYP (loosely translated as "Progressive Corporacion of Countryside Reforestation") is a widely respected Non-Governmental Organization that has been working with various conservation projects throughout Ecuador for many years. Over the years, CRACYP has worked with various foreign charities and NGOs such as the US Peace Corps, Breakthroughs Abroad (USA), Global Routes (USA) and Challenges Worldwide (UK), with the aim of the conservation of Ecuador's biodiversity. Emphasis is upon grass roots level sustainable development projects that provide local incomes whilst conserving the local environment. There are various ongoing projects, many of which require volunteers:
- The Piedra Blanca Community Ecotourism Project (this website)
- Micro-finance iniatives and assistance in the establishment of community banks
- Exportation of both plaintain and alcohol, cultivated from sugar cane by local farmers
- Environmental education, promotion of organic farming and reforestation projects
- An ambitious new project in the Galapagos Islands with the aim removing a invasive, biodiversity threatening plant species by harvesting it to produce organic alcohol for exportation.
- Various other sustainable development and conservation projects throughout Ecuador
Contact telephone 03 2656 216 (from abroad phone 00593-32656216).
Adventure Eco-tours in Ecuador at Piedra Blanca